The Van Dyne
Originally the Troy Courthouse, the Van Dyne Civic Building was built in 1894. E. Everitt Van Dyne purchased the building from the county for about $5,000, and after extensive remodeling deeded it to the Troy School District in May of 1916. The building became a community center, complete with gymnasium, auditorium, meeting rooms, and was the permanent home of the Troy Library, Red Cross, Civic League and other community organizations.
As the years passed, many of the organizations housed in the Van Dyne Civil Building moved to quarters of their own, and the building fell into disrepair. It was rescued by the Citizens & Northern Bank, restored to its former condition, and became the Bank's Troy branch. The formidable looking building was added to the National Register of Historic Landmarks in 1974.
Text Provided by the Endless Mountains Visitors Bureau
Back to Bradford County Sites page